Sunday, April 4, 2010

Much to Tell!

First of all, an apology for being out of touch for so long. No one excuse, just several life events interfering with time and concentration. I have also been trying to up my technological expertise and am not much further, but improving. With any luck, this blog should soon be appearing on my Facebook page. There will also soon be a Facebook page dedicated only to my books.

Speaking of books - Zero, Zilch, Nada: Counting to None will be arriving in mid May and in the stores in June. The final layout and art work looks great and I can't wait to actually hold one in my hands. What a long birth this has been! Check the upcoming events section as there are already several events scheduled with the book - including a return to the Red Balloon in St. Paul, MN.

A Isn't for Fox is finishing up its year in two reading programs - The Keystones to Reading program in PA and the Delaware Diamonds program. It was an honor to be selected for these two programs in which school children read several chosen books and vote for their favorite.

Last, but not least, A Campfire for Cowboy Billy is supposedly going to be reprinted as a paperback, although we have yet to see a contract. But we (Ken, the illustrator and I) are excited to have been contacted by the current publisher who owns the films from the original printing. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Second grade is finishing up our Community Reads program. The students have done an awesome job interviewing our guests and writing their reports. We look forward to our celebration next week when we will present our community guests with copies of the reports and display our posters. Great job!

I am continuing my work on several math oriented picture books and also my early reader fantasy. Here's to a beautiful spring full of sunshine and inspiration. Read and write a little each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment