Friday, July 9, 2010

Books in Boothbay

Although I am not participating in this event this year, I want to encourage readers in the midcoast area of Maine to attend. On Saturday, July 10th, Books in Boothbay will be hosting 40 Maine authors at the Boothbay Railway Museum from 12:30 - 3:30pm. Authors are from all genres - childrens to adult fiction and nonfiction. There is no admission fee and several of the authors will be doing readings from their work. All authors will be available to sign and meet and greet. You can learn more at booksinboothbay.blogspot.com.

I will be signing books at Books-n-Things in Norway, Maine on Saturday, July 24th, from 11 - 1. This is my first visit to this western Maine town and I am eager to visit their shop and meet their young readers. We travel through Norway on the way to our camp in Bethel and every time through I mention I would like to explore the town. Now I will get my chance! Please stop by if you live in the area or are vactioning nearby.

My daughter and I have been reading and enjoying Michael Scott's series about the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. I am calling it a historical fantasy set in contemporary times. Unfortunately, we are ready for the next book in the series, but it is not ready for us:( The amount of research Scott has done is mind boggling and how he has woven it all into a believable tale is fabulous. Oh, to have a mind like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment