Thursday, December 2, 2010

Much to do!

I have received great feedback from my student editors. I collated all the comments and then categorized them into similar responses. From this process, I was able to determine the major weaknesses of the manuscript and make a plan for revision. Now I have so much research and revision to do, I don't know where to begin! During my last visit to the 7th grade class, I ran my revision ideas past them. I knew I was on the right track when their eyes lit up and they started nodding. Putting a piece out there and allowing students to be open and free with their comments - not having to worry about being tested,etc. - resulted in authentic feedback from an unbiased audience. Although it was scary, I would (and will) do it again. There is a chance a fifth grade class will still get to take a look at it also, as it was written for this grade level. Don't hold your breath to see this one - it will be a while, if ever:)

Don't forget, A Isn't for Fox and Zero, Zilch, Nada:Counting to None are great holiday gifts for a special child or teacher. School Visit brochures and Birthday Visit brochures are available by sending me an email request. The first surprise birthday visit was a great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment