Monday, July 25, 2011

Busy, busy, busy...

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I didn't break my arm or have a major computer crash, either. In all honesty, I have been so busy with non-writing related activity that I just haven't even had time to think about the blog. I have been writing, but not children's literature. But I have continued my research for the middle grade novel - which will by virtue of my research now have a new title - TBD!

I have also experienced a discouragement slump as the new landscape of the publishing world leaves this writer wondering where to turn next. Do I keep on, keeping on? I have received wonderful feedback from teachers about several of my new math pieces - unfortunately, they don't work for the publishers, who could care less at this point. Wow, that sounded like sour grapes....

Do I try my hand at writing for the new market - apps and all ? Do I really want to scroll over Cowboy Billy's head and see HAT appear? Do I? I don't know the answer to this one. And where is the new mom or grandparent going to go to browse and happen to pick up A Isn't for Fox, see the beautiful illustrations and laugh at the silly verse and say, this is perfect. Not at Borders, not online. Please support your local independent book store - if you have one...

The ideas haven't dried up, the love of writing hasn't died; but right now I need a new compass because I can't find my true north.

No comments:

Post a Comment