Monday, January 28, 2013

That Won't Work!

I often think about solutions to my writing problems while I am walking, cleaning, hauling firewood, sewing, etc. I have been stalled for a while about how to proceed in a middle grade fantasy I have been working on. Long story short - two wizard brothers will be in big trouble if anyone finds out what they have done. How to resolve this issue and lay the groundwork for continuing the story had me baffled. Finally, while vacuuming at the shop the other day, I thought I had it figured out. At lunch time, I read back over the previous chapters and realized the one element that had to be in there for my solution to work - was missing:(  Forget that solution? No way - going back to rewrite the other chapter as I now know how to work in the missing piece that is needed. Sometimes it just isn't easy, but it's always worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment