Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Here we go!

I am once again being pulled kicking and screaming into the 21st century. So after much hesitation, procratination and fear (of what I am not exactly sure!) , here is the beginning of my blog.
This blog has come about as a result of the publication of my second children's book - A Isn't for Fox. I want to thank my daughter, Amanda, for hosting the first book signing at her shop, Mariner's Compass Quilt Shop. I also wish to thank Sue Michaud and her second grade class at the Dike Newell School in Bath, ME for being the guinea pigs for my first school visit with this book. And a big thank you to Dawn Lee, Morse High School librarian, for all her help and inspiration.
I will use the blog to post upcoming events - signings, school visits, etc. I hope anyone who reads the book and finds the blog will let me know what you think. We feel it is a fun book that brings a different slant to learning the alphabet. And Laura Knorr's illustrations are fabulous!!!
That being said , here is the list of events as we have them so far:

3/1 Augusta, ME Barnes and Noble 9 Market Place Drive 11am
3/15 Newington NH Barnes and Noble 45 Gosling Rd 11am
3/29 Manchester NH Barnes and Noble 1741 S. Willow St 11am
4/5 South Potland ME Borders 430 Gorham Rd. 11am
Brunswick ME Borders Rt 1 and Rt 24 3pm
4/6 Bangor ME Borders 116 Bangor Mall Blvd. 2pm
4/12 New Durham NH Fox Tale Books 7 Depot Rd. 11am

We will update the list as soon as we have additions. Thanks for visiting. peace always, wendy

4 comments:

  1. Very Nice! No fear.. you are going to be great at this. Good Luck with all of your book signings. Looks like you will be busy. -Molly B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Wendy. Hope to hear and see lots more, and the book is great. All my little friends loved it. Peggy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being dragged kicking and screaming is one way to go but enjoying the ride is tremendously more rewarding. You wholeheartedly deserve all the wonderful praise that is coming your way. I know there is a lot more inspiration and many more stories to be told. Your book is wonderful !!
    All is well...
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy,
    Please contact me re: your visit to Mt. Gretna & signing at Gretna Emporium.

    Thanks,
    Roger Groce
    The Mt. Gretna Newsletter
    http://mtgretna.com/news

    ReplyDelete