Sunday, March 23, 2008

Great day in Augusta

What a wonderful time we had at the Barnes and Noble in Augusta, Me yesterday. The folks there were so welcoming and I really appreciated all the thought they gave to the signing. A big thank you to Peggy!

I also want to thank Michael for the pretty flower, Lucy for the hug, and Tucker for keeping his deva (aka grandma) company. By the way, B&N had the best magazine selection I have seen in a long time.

A surprise at the end of the signing came when a woman introduced herself as a Senior Vice President of Cengage Learning - my publisher, Sleeping Bear, is part of this group. She didn't know I was going to be there and walked in the door and saw the book. She comes to Maine 5/6 times a year as Thorndike Press also belongs to the group. It was nice to meet another person involved in this complicated web called publishing!

This week brings an interview at Maine Public Radio - yikes! I don't know any particulars - airtime, etc. - just what time to be there. Let's hope I don't trip over my mouth :(

If you are near Manchester NH next Saturday, stop in at the Barnes and Noble and say hello. A friendly face is always welcome! Have a great week. wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment