Monday, April 7, 2008

South Portland, Brunswick and Bangor

A big thank you to the folks at the area Borders for hosting a great event for teachers this weekend and having me be part of the event. A special thanks to Gibran for his efforts on behalf of teachers all year!

Many listeners of MPR turned out at South Portland Saturday morning to hear Isn't and purchase a signed copy. Also a special thank you to Doreen for the generous offer of a place to stay in Vermont should I venture forth for more signings. A special hello to Daniel, Julia, Silvio, Halla and Happy Birthday to Henry! It is always humbling when former students bring their children to meet you. What a blessing, also, to be a part of a child's early reading experience - there were some wonderful early readers who in kindergarten were able to figure out 'kerplopping'!

Saturday afternoon brought us closer to home in Bruswick. I arrived early to see friends waiting to have their books signed. A visit by a former school administrator brought on some laughs about writing Isn't during meetings. A special hello to Maddie, Claire and Julia!

Sunday I was off to Bangor. I had a good feeling before I even entered the store and my radar was right on! The store was busy with families and shoppers, Gibran was right inside the door greeting teachers and there was good karma. Once again, there were people waiting to have their books signed and we had some fun conversations about teaching. There was a nice crowd to listen to the book and I think the daddies laughed the most! Another former student came to say hello and fill me in on his music teaching career. A special hello to Cole and Kelsey and Happy 5th Birthday to Rebecca. But the happy fates weren't finished with me yet. As I looked towards the front door,the best part of the day began. There stood my sister, Kim, and her fiancee, Bob. Bob flew into PA on Friday and Saturday they drove to CT and Sunday to Bangor to surprise me. I couldn't talk for about five minutes and I am still smiling!
Could a busy weekend end any better than that!!

Amanda , Conner and I are off to Fox Tales Books in New Durham NH next Saturday. We will be much too close to Keepsake Quilting to ignore that side trip:) If you are in the area, stop in and say hello.

2 comments:

  1. I added you to my google reader. Sounds like Isn't is doing well. As it should! Have a great week. -Molly B

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend my fiancee and I had surprising Wendy at her
    book signing. I wish I could have gotten a picture of her face when she saw us. We are anxiously awaiting her appearance in PA at the Hershey Zoo at the end of the month. - Kimmie

    ReplyDelete