Thursday, September 4, 2008

Catching Up!

It is hard to believe that I haven't written since the end of August. We had a great time in Houlton at the quilt show and visiting good friends. The book signing at York's Bookstore was fun. I joined two other Maine authors under a sidewalk tent outside on a beautiful day. One of the other authors was Randall Probert, a former game warden who has written several historical novels including his latest, Paradigm. We were joined by Elaine Bailey, who was sitting in for her husband Nevin, who wrote Mike. A big thank you to Lynn York for the education and interesting conversation.

The latest big news is still hard for me to believe. Last week we heard that A Isn't for Fox has been awarded the 2009 Teacher's Choice Award in Children's Literature from Learning Magazine. It is especially humbling for me to have the award come from an educational group.

The school visit brochures were mailed to the librarians at 230 Maine elementary schools in mid-August. Please direct any teachers/librarians/administrators you think might be interested to my email - wulmer@clinic.net.

I will be back at two Barnes and Nobles in October for their Educator Days - Manchester, NH and Augusta, ME. Teachers interested in school visits can connect with me there, also. Remember to read and write a bit each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment