Sunday, October 5, 2008

Good News!

Inspiration sometimes comes when you least expect it. Perhaps it comes when our minds are searching for a solution to a problem and after several failed attempts, we will consider anything.

I attempted several different strategies in my efforts to write a counting book, but nothing felt quite right. One day, when I had almost shelved any idea of a counting book - after all why would a mathphobe think they could write something that dealt with math - I went shopping with my daughter and grandson. They had been out for dinner the night before and my grandson was sitting in his car seat holding a balloon. The balloon was bigger than his head and he held it very gently. I was a bit concerned and my daughter related that he knew what could happen with a balloon and if it did, they immediately took it away. Sure enough, as we spoke, the little guy began to chant "Balloon pop! Balloon pop!"

So what is the good news? The picture book, Zero,Nada,Zilch (working title), has been accepted by Sleeping Bear for publication. We are excited and quite happy! What does it have to do with balloons ? You'll have to wait and see:)
Read and write a bit each day.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see it! -Molly B.

    ReplyDelete