Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rain, rain go away!

Tomorrow is the official beginning of summer and we are either in sweatshirts or rain coats or both. Hopefully a new month will bring a new weather pattern.

I have finished my time in second grade for this year. I am so thankful for the time I have shared with Sue Michaud and her class at the Dike Newell School in Bath, Me. Her students have endured being the guinea pigs for the test drives of school visits with the next book. They have been most helpful with suggestions from better ways to lay out worksheets to visuals that help the presentation. I will miss them and wish them well as they move on to third grade. I treasure the fingerprint "people" picture they made for me.

Events are slow this time of year with a signing at L.L.Bean on July 11th the only scheduled event. I am working on several projects at one time and sometimes it seems like I am not getting anywhere! I wish I knew why the ideas mostly arrive at 4am when my brain seems especially active, but my body has trouble getting up and moving.
The suggestion to have a notepad by the bed doesn't really work when your husband is sound asleep and doesn't appreciate a light going on and the sound of a scribbling pencil:)

I hope somewhere it is warm and dry and those who live there are enjoying it. Rainy days are, however, are great days for reading and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment