Sunday, July 19, 2009

Catching Up

The ever present question once again raises it head- where does the time go?

Last weekend I had a signing at the LL Bean flagship store in Freeport, ME. It was the debut appearance of Izzy - an iguana puppet who had a great time interacting with the kids and the parents. It was a very successful signing and I hope to return for a holiday event in December.

We received the first color illustrations for the new book. Laura's sketches always amaze me, but her paintings are just fabulous and so right for the characters and the story. I can't wait to see the next ones.I am most grateful for having a great editor and illustrator.

I will soon begin my mailings to schools for 2009-2010 school visits. Last year I sent the mailings to school librarians, but I believe this time I may send them directly to grade level teachers. If you know of any elementary teachers who may be interested, please ask them to check out the blog and contact information. The spring visits can be focused around either of the books - A Isn't for Fox or Counting to None - or both at different grade levels. Parents and teachers can check out an activity guide for A Isn't for Fox at www.sleepingbearpress.com.

After some major problems with our current email provider, I am considering changing my email. This is something I have avoided as there are many things to change along with the email address. I will post the new address as soon as it is set up.

Until next time - read and write a little each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment