Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Falling with the Leaves

I am firmly convinced that the universe had a massive case of indigestion in October and is still hiccupping a bit! At least my universe did. But I am slowly regaining control of my world and am happy to be back writing.

I have received a color copy of the the cover for Zero etc. for the spring catalogue from Sleeping Bear Press. We are moving in the right direction and I am eagerly looking forward to more color spreads as the winter progresses. After a wild ride trying to get the main concept pages correct, we are finally moving forward. I continue to develop my school visit presentations with the new book and now have a flannel board manipulative to use with the kids. A big thank you to my second grade friends who are willing to try things for me:)

I have finished a first draft of my first fantasy - a possible early reader series. And , of course, it includes a dragon! I have actually been writing steadily during the universe's hiccup, but not polishing or submitting. I will be devoting time to these areas over the next few weeks as they are actually quite time consuming. I am constantly flip flopping over trying to get an agent or not. If anyone out there has any opinions on this, please share them.

I will be at the Dike Newell School Book Fair on Thursday, November 19th at 6:30 pm. A friend and local author, Frances Bloxam, and I will be reading from our books and signing them. Our books make great holiday gifts for youngsters, so stop by and get some shopping done and help out a great school.

Turkey Day is almost here - eat more pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment