Monday, November 30, 2009

Too Dark!

It is only 5pm and I am sitting looking out at the lights across the river because it is completely dark outside! I try to cheer up my husband by telling him in a few short weeks the days will begin to get longer. It doesn't work.

On the writing side of things, I now have a bit more time to devote to my many ideas. Last week I submitted a manuscript to a regional publisher, so the waiting begins. Today I have been researching publishers for two other manuscripts and I will probably be sending them off this week. I am also looking forward to a phone call from my editor to catch up on the new book.

On the actual writing side, I have been working on my first fantasy story and am beginning to learn more and more about the main character. He has a lot to learn, but he has a good heart.
I am also working on a story about a boy who doesn't think he needs to know how to read. We all know where that is going to go!

The second grade class is teaching me so much, especially about math. I sure wish I had been taught math the way they do it today - I might actually like it! Every week I find myself using a method or skill the second graders have been working on - whoever heard of "friendly" numbers? Some definite writing ideas coming out of this experience. Thanks, kids!

Enjoy the holiday season and take time for yourself - read and write a bit - slow down and enjoy your loved ones. And don't forget - A Isn't For Fox makes a great holiday gift for a special little one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment