Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Living in two worlds

This summer I found myself writing more - not stories, but quilt patterns! Little did I know how much I would enjoy designing new quilts or that quilters would actually buy the patterns. So as I have busily designed on graph paper, learned a computer program and did photography for pattern covers, I  neglected my story side for a while. But with an invitation to "perform" at the first assembly in a local school, the writing gene kicked back in:)  I successfully wrote, memorized and performed a new piece to 200 students and staff and it felt good.

So I have now submitted a piece for consideration and am waiting to hear from an agent about representing me and my unpublished math books. As the fall progresses, and I have already been contacted about school events, I will have to learn how to survive living in both worlds - I can't imagine giving up either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment