Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Soon!

After a few unsettling emails from the publisher, the good news is that the books have arrived at the warehouse in Michigan. They apparently expected to have a shipping delay and were preparing to air freight books to the first two signing events. But yesterday books were shipped to the Red Balloon Book Shop in St. Paul, MN and to the Gretna Emporium in Mt. Gretna PA from Michigan.

I wonder if I will see the book before I leave for St. Paul? I have a feeling the book will be "out there" before I even see it. It has been a long wait, but I am getting very excited to finally see and hold Zero, Zilch, Nada: Counting to None in my hands.

Although the process is long, it is full of gifts all along the way. The first gift is the gift of the muse which brings the idea. Then there is the gift of feeling it become a viable story. The acceptance by the publisher is a very high point in the process - I usually can't help but grin for about three hours after that phone call:) Then there is a wait for the first sketches and suddenly your characters appear before you and become even more a part of the realization of the dream. The biggest and best gift, however, is sharing each little gift along the way with family and friends who share the excitment with you. And then to place the book in their hands makes the wait totally insignificant. There I go - grinning, again.

So in one short week and a half, the gift of signings begins at the Red Balloon in St.Paul. If you are near there on Sunday, May 23, stop in around 2 o'clock and say hello. I still can't believe it - book #3!

1 comment:

  1. I find you to be truly inspiring. It gives me great joy to see the fruition of your dreams. Love you lots !!

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete