Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggety jog

What a fun, busy time in Minnesota. Big, big thanks and hugs to my sister and her husband for their hospitality and transportation! After two long days of driving I arrived in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. As with the rest of the country, the temps were way above normal. Tuesday we visited Castle Elementary and had a good first visit with Zero, Zilch, Nada : Counting to None. The class of 23 did quite well and were attentive and tuned in to helping Harry count to none. Kindergarteners are much smarter now than when I was one!

I did receive a copy of the book on Friday before I left; however, my editor did not see it until Sunday at the book signing. It turns out that the books are still not in this country, but on a container ship between California and China. So they drop shipped books directly from China to Michigan where the publisher then sent copies on to the Red Balloon in St. Paul. They supposedly also sent books to Mt. Gretna, PA for the signing on June 5th. Keep your fingers crossed.

Anyway, my editor was quite pleased and amazed at how vibrant the colors printed. I realize I am biased and a bit excited right now, but it really is so much more than I ever thought a "math" storybook could be:) The books should be available by the second week in June which is good as we have a signing in Bath on June 12th.

So life with a new book begins. The highs of signings and visits, the hoping for good reviews and the moving onward to hopefully another inspiration. Enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment