Monday, April 11, 2011

Thunder Thoughts...

I thoroughly enjoyed the thunderstorm this morning. When we first moved to Maine from Pennsylvania in the mid-80s, there never seemed to be any thunderstorms. Coming from south central PA, we were used to some pretty hefty thunderstorms during the summer months. I missed them . The last several years, however, there seem to be more thunderstorms occurring. Perhaps global warming, or cyclical pattern changes or I am just more aware? I was born during a thunderstorm which may explain my affection for this particular meteorological event. (I actually spell checked that weather word because it didn't look right!) Spelling aside, thunder boomers rate high on my warm weather rain events. Of course, there is nothing better than the surprise of thunder snow in the middle of winter! Being a lover of books, I still like to think that they are bowling away in the Hudson River Valley as Rip Van Winkle snores on. What or where is your favorite thunder? Thunder Hole? Thunder Bay? Catching thunder?

No comments:

Post a Comment