Monday, May 5, 2008

Fox Tales

After another rainy drive, I arrived at Fox Tales Books in New Durham, NH. Fox Tales is a delightful hometown bookstore where owner Mary McHale greets every customer by name. She knows that Lirael loves to play with the basket of pastel plastic eggs - pink, please!- which Spiderwick book is next on Molly's list, and suggests just the right poetry book to one of the local poets. There are snacks for the Saturday morning crowd and a comfortable, stay-a-while atmosphere. The store was never empty the entire three hours I shared there and we had quite a successful signing. If you are ever in the area, drop in and say hi to Mary.

The initial burst of signings is done for now, with a few scheduled later in the summer. There is one school visit on the horizon for this spring, but hopefully there will be more starting this fall. If you are interested in a school visit, leave a comment and I will send you a brochure. I may actually post it on the blog when I feel I have it in a polished state!

Enjoy the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment