Friday, May 30, 2008

Mabel I Wilson School

I had a great day yesterday visiting eight kindergarten classes at the Mabel I. Wilson School in Cumberland, ME. A big thank you to teacher Leslie Gallant for all her hard work arranging the visit, ordering books, getting lunch, etc. Kudos, also, to all the teachers - Mary Train, Johna King, Liz King, Teresa Folley, Becki Galli, Kathryn Begos, Leslie Gallant, and Crystal Belanger - for their well behaved, well prepared classes.

Although I was dead tired and had little voice by 3:00pm, it was fun to be back in the classroom with eager students and their fresh view points. It is amazing what a kindergartener knows about language and writing.
Questions I was asked: "Do you use sound words?" "Do you revise?"
"Did you dedicate the book to anyone?" WOW!

I look forward to more school visits and spending time with our fabulous new generation of readers and writers! Thank you Mabel I Wilson kindergarteners!

No comments:

Post a Comment